Helmet & Hat Refurbishments from all periods:
We have no slots available for refurbishment in May 2020.
Dont miss out on new refurbishments or latest developments click on the button to subscribe to our newsletter:
We operate a traffic light system for orders - current status for May 2020 is RED:
GREEN - We are free and ready to restore your helmet/cap please contact us.
AMBER - We can take on one more helmet/cap during the period above please contact us.
RED - We are at capacity - please do not contact us for restorations until GREEN or AMBER status.
Detailed below are a small interesting selection of helmets from the hundreds of helmets we have restored or are in the process of being restored. Our helmet restoration services are second to none and our 10+ years experience has been gained from trial and error and formal training in the techniques used to restore museum artefacts.
Yes, anyone can attempt it and yes there are several people who restore helmets worldwide but none has the attention to detail to the level we achieve. That's why you pay for this service, you want the best so you pay for the best. Many of our helmets are now in museums across the world. The pictures we feel do the talking, but feel free to contact us to discuss our restoration services.
The cost information below should be used as an approximate guideline but you will need to contact us for specific costs. At the end of the day you will have a helmet restored properly to the condition you want it and in many cases adding several hundred, if not thousands of pounds to your helmet let alone you having the pleasure of owning a display helmet rather than a rusty shell.
So, restoration is a very cost effective route. We will not restore any helmet which we feel is best left in its original condition but can help advise you. We work on a rate of £50 per hour – which is cheaper than most of your local tradesmen, so we are not expensive!
Please take pictures of your helmet as we will almost certainly ask to see them before you send it to us and always include a note with your helmet telling us who you are and your email address, as we get so many helmets we don’t want any mix ups!
Approximate Costs for Refurbishing German WW2 Shells:
- Strip complete shell inside and out £50.
- Repaint shell inside and out £50.
- Add decals (x2) £20 (cost of museum quality decals – no application charge).
- Camouflage over repainted shell £25.
- Ageing to requested level included in repainting charges, unless it’s just adding camouflage to an existing shell where we add £50 to age it.
- Ageing provided shell £100.
- No charge for adding and ageing an ‘owners’ name/unit.
Liner (assumed reproduction – we would not touch a genuine liner):
- Remove any inaccurate markings & add new markings £10.
- Age liner to requested level £100.
- Age chinstraps & chin strap hardware to requested level £50 (x2 straps e.g. M38 £100), unless you only want chinstrap ageing where we will add £10.
You also need to consider costs of any parts supplied by us, return postage and any PayPal etc. fees. Feel free to email us for your no obligation quote.