US Civil War Union Kepi 79th New York Volunteer Infantry 9th Corps
Reproduction US Civil War Union Enlisted Kepi 'H' company 79th New York Infantry.
Genuine kepis are extremely rare and command very high prices when they do come on the market. This is an opportunity to buy a reproduction kepi at an affordable price but with the look and feel of the genuine article. Our kepis are probably the best reproductions currently available.
This civil war kepi represents a famous Infantry unit from Nine corps. It fought in numerous Civil War battles including both 'Battles of Bull Run'. They took part in nearly every major engagement of the war. By the end of the war, less than 130 of the regiment's original members were left. The unit, sadly no longer exists today.
The list of features are:
- aged to look 150+ years old.
- 9 Corps badge to the side
- Brass infantry and regiment badges suitable aged
- peak in leather, varnished, cracked and wrinkled
- dry and intact headband
- makers mark with animal glue
- buckle & buttons to chinstrap suitably aged
This would make a great talking piece for your New York Office or for any Scottish relatives as a gift!