US M2 Paratrooper Helmet - Refurbished
This is a 'Reproine' helmet - mixture of reproduction and genuine parts. The shell is a genuine WW2 McCord helmet converted to M2 bales. It is a front seam, stainless rim, M1 conversion, we have added the 'D' bales. The liner is a genuine WW2 'INLAND' maker, fully refurbished with museum quality reproduction parts.
Summary of features:
- The shell is original WW2 converted to M2 'D' bale.
- The 'D' bales have been added.
- The main paintwork is OD WW2.
- The rim is stainless steel front seam.
- The liner is genuine ww2 'Inland' - fully refurbished.
- Double fold back head band.
- Original plain steel A washers
- Double Wire Head Band
The front seam rim has 'dots' where the bales have been added a feature found on many original 'D' bale helmets. It has been finished in Olive Drab paint with added cork.
With this original Inland liner, this is as much a collectors item as well as for the reenactor keen on accuracy. As you may be aware 'Inland' liners are extremely hard to find and these alone can sell for £250+.
All components used are the world's best, from the USA and with all the correct weaves and metalwork etc. you will be hard pressed to find another M2 helmet in 'as issued' state, like this one!
Ready for display or re-enacting - just add your stencilled insignia and its ready!