US M1 Infantry Helmet - Refurbished
This is a 'Reproine' helmet - mixture of reproduction and genuine parts. The shell is a genuine WW2 McCord helmet converted from fixed bale to swivel bale and converted back by us to fixed bales. It is a front seam, stainless rim, M1 conversion. The liner is a genuine WW2 'CAPAC' maker, fully refurbished with museum quality reproduction parts.
Summary of features:
- The shell is original WW2 converted to fixed bale.
- The new bales have been added.
- The main paintwork is OD WW2.
- The rim is stainless steel front seam.
- The liner is genuine ww2 'CAPAC' - fully refurbished.
- Double fold back head band.
- Original plain steel A washers
- Double Wire Head Band
- 526A 'Heat Number' Early War.
The front seam rim is clearly visible as is the heat number 526A, indicating quite an early war shell. It has been finished in Olive Drab paint with added cork.
With this original CAPAC liner, this is as much a collectors item as well as for the reenactor keen on accuracy. As you may be aware CAPAC' liners are reasonably hard to find and these alone can sell for £100+.
All components used are the world's best, from the USA and with all the correct weaves and metalwork etc. you will be hard pressed to find another M1 helmet in 'as issued' state, like this one!
Ready for display or re-enacting - just add your stencilled insignia and its ready!