USA Civil War 1st Texas Infantry Enlisted Man Kepi
Reproduction US Civil War Confederate 1st Texas Infantry Enlisted Man Cap - Made in USA and aged in England. Lots of genuine moth and age related wear, giving a really 'salty' look!
The list of features are:
- made in USA by Top American Cap maker.
- aged to look 150+ years old.
- makers label to the inside.
- brass chinstrap buckle suitable aged
- peak in leather, varnished and wrinkled
- dry and holed headband
- chinstrap suitably aged and crackling
- Hand made Star of Texas 1st Infantry
- very worn and tarnished outer materials and cloths
Genuine kepis are extremely rare and command very high prices when they do come on the market. This is an opportunity to buy a reproduction kepi at an affordable price but with the look and feel of the genuine article. Our kepis are probably the best aged reproductions currently available.
The 1st Texas Infantry Regiment, nicknamed the "Ragged Old First," was an infantry regiment raised in Texas for service in the Confederate States Army during the American Civil War. It fought mostly with the Army of Northern Virginia. It fought in a large number of actions including Gettysburg, Fredericksburg, Cold Harbor and numerous others.
Feel free to contact us if you want a similar civil war cap made to your specification.