WW2 British Auxillary Fire Service Helmet Stencil AFS
The Auxilliary Fire Service (AFS) formed in 1938 as a sub organisation of the Civil Defense Air Raid Precautions. Its role was to support local fire brigades. These units were superseded in August 1941 by the National Fire Service. They were all part-time volunteers and provided vital rescue servies particularly in London during the 'blitz'. Various stencils were used.