WW1 German Feldmützen Cap or Hat Cockade Mützenkokade Mannschaften Kokarde Anhalt #5
The Duchy of Anhalt was a historical Germanduchy. After 1863 the new duchy consisted of two large portions – Eastern and Western Anhalt, separated by the interposition of a part of the Prussian Province of Saxony – and of five enclaves surrounded by Prussian territory: Alsleben, Muhlingen, Dornburg, Goednitz and Tilkerode-Abberode. The eastern and larger portion of the duchy was enclosed by the Prussian government district of Potsdam (in the Prussian province of Brandenburg), and Magdeburg and Merseburg (belonging to the Prussian province of Saxony). The western or smaller portion (the so-called Upper Duchy or Ballenstedt) was also enclosed by the two latter districts and by the duchy of Brunswick-Lüneburg. The cockade used during WWI to represent Anhalt was green.
This cockade was worn on the centre of the Feldmütze band below the Reich's cockade. This version was for enlisted ranks use and is one of several versions produced. It is attached to the cap using green cotton thread.