M1 Swivel Bale 79th Infantry Division Helmet - Reproine
This is a 'reproine' helmet - mixture of reproduction and genuine parts. The shell is a genuine WW2 M1 Swivel Bale McCord helmet. It is a front seam, stainless rim and the paintwork is also original. We have added the the M1 chinstrap and the decals. The chinstrap is black brass and nickel which has tarnished very nicely with age.
Inside the shell there is original paintwork and rusting all original to the helmet. We have added the owners name.
This helmet is based on the original owned by a Private in the 79th Infantry Division and who received a battlefield promotion to Captain by General Omar Bradley personally.
Many restorers use paint to give the effect of age, all our helmets are 100% natural ageing and rust so it just looks more natural and not contrived.
This helmet is a superb 79th Infantry Medics Helmet and would look great in any collection.
Summary of features:
- The shell is original WW2 swivel bale which went into Normandy in July 1944.
- There are some lovely stress fractures and original paintwork - untouched by us.
- The main paintwork is original WW2.
- We have added the stencils and owners name, the inside is untouched by us.
- The chinstraps are reproduction and added & aged by us.
Please email us if you want a similar helmet made to your specification.